Media & English Training & Writing Services
Courses for Journalists/Artists & Musicians/English Language courses for Business Professionals
Training for Journalists
Develop skills to work as a professional journalist in print/radio/TV and online - course for people who either want to break into journalism, or further develop their skills (appropriate for native and non-native speakers of English).
By the end of the course you will know how:
- to contact artists, politicians, agents/managers and editors and then set up an interview
- to structure an interview and ask effective questions to get a strong response (inc. questions to avoid)
- to research/edit your work (inc. advice on key resources and processes)
- to approach editors to try and place your interview, or self-publish.
These courses include original material, based on my many years experience as a professional journalist and also published/broadcast examples to study. The focus of the course will depend on student needs, but by the end allow you to work as a journalist with confidence.
Media Training for Artists & Musicians
Get personalised feedback and individual training on how to best present yourself to journalists, in interview situations and other contexts, including online. This coaching can be either a stand-alone course, or ongoing training support.
All training programs will focus on how:
- to present your work and career in a professional way, from first approach, whether by messages/email or phone contact
- to contact journalists or magazines to interest them in your work, including how and when to involve your publicist/manager
- to answer interview questions in an effective and engaging way, including tips on how the journalist will be thinking and what they are looking for and how to avoid common mistakes
- to maintain relationships with journalists and media professionals.
This coaching can also include advice on or written support for websites and promotional material, such as a career chronology, biographical notes and press-kits (including previously published/broadcast material on your work).
English Language Training for Business Professionals
I am also available for one to one or small group English language training.
Areas of specialisation: advertising and media; legal; recruitment/job-hunting and communication (public speaking/negotiating) and communication skills; accent reduction, fluency development.
Throughout my career, I have taught all levels from beginners to advanced and all nationalities/language backgrounds and exams such as TOEIC.
Detailed CVs in English or French available on request.
All training programs and coaching delivered either in person in Paris, or London/Europe (and/or via email - a private Facebook page with resources, chat and Skype).
Writing & Editorial Services
Professional writing and editorial services also available:
- promotional material, websites
- business/scientific reports
- 'plain English' advice (on rewriting material)
- press releases (media-focussed work)
- essay-writing and academic writing training and support.
Fast and accurate written translation available: French to English, and also proof-reading and correction of translated material into English from all languages.
Rates are negotiable and very reasonable. Thank you for your interest.